Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 4 - 8

Our Story in reading this week is Officer Buckle and Gloria
This is a Thoroughbred Reader. Remind your child to take the quiz at the end of the week.

In the next week we will be focusing on the following in reading:
Phonics:
r-controlled vowels ar, or, ore
I can read words with r controlled vowels ar, or, ore
Comprehension:
Drawing conclusions
I can draw conclusions based on text I read
Vocabulary:
High frequency words, dictionary entry words
I can learn new high frequency and vocabulary words
I can use dictionary entry words to find words in the dictionary
Fluency:
Decodable text, leveled readers
I can read text on my level
I can decode text
I can reread to improve fluency

We will begin our Geometry unit in Mathematics. This unit is one that most students really enjoy!

No comments: